Nikon updated the ViewNX software in order to fix several problems and add support for the company’s latest cameras. The Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1 software update has been released for Windows and Mac PC users.
Nikon announced the availability of the ViewNX 2.7.1 update, a software available for both Windows and Mac OS computers. The software update is here in order to provide support for the company’s latest interchangeable lens camera, including two mirrorless units and one DSLR.
Furthermore, the upgrade fixes some bugs that have annoyed users for a while, so it should be downloaded right away. Here is the official changelog and all the details about the 2.7.1 update of the ViewNX software!
What’s new in Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1:
- added support for latest 1 System mirrorless cameras, including J3 and S1;
- added support for Nikon D5200 DSLR;
- fixed bugs which affected Nikon 1 V2 camera users when setting white balance to underwater;
- fixed bug which caused thumbnails for movies not to be displayed when transferring the files from a card reader via Nikon Transfer 2;
- metadata information from File Info 1 now being displayed when selecting it from the Edit panel.
What’s new as of Nikon ViewNX 2.7.0 (update included in the 2.7.1 package):
- Nikon 1 V2 now supported;
- autofocus noise reduction functionality added when users are autofocusing while capturing videos using Nikon D3200 or later DSLRs, AF-S and AF-I Nikkor lenses, and AF-S and AF-I teleconverters;
- fixed bug which caused photos taken with CoolPix P7700 camera not to switch to gray mode when selecting Use Gray Point function.
The following changes are available only for Windows PC users:
- all Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit versions are now supported;
- no more forced quits when transferring files using Nikon Transfer 2 from a card reader.
Other changes for Mac OS users:
- IEEE 1394 FireWire connections no longer supported for Nikon D1, D1H, and D1X cameras;
- Nikon Transfer 2 no longer shuts down after launching the software when the camera is switched off;
- no more unexpected quits when transferring large batches of photos from a card reader.
This is the entire Nikon ViewNX 2.7.1 changelog as published by the camera manufacturer. The software update is available for download now for Windows PC 32-bit and for Windows PC 64-bit, as well as for all Mac OS users.
Nikon ViewNX is the camera maker’s proprietary software which allows users to browse, edit and share photos taken with their Nikon cameras. The software supports all Nikon cameras and lenses, and features including brightness adjustment and cropping.