Think Tank has released its new series of camera bags for professional photographers, which provide more space for camera equipment, despite being lighter.
Think Tank renewed its camera bags lineup after most major camera manufacturers updated their cameras during the Consumer Electronics Show 2013. There are several new shoulder camera bags along with a new Change-Up multifunction camera bag.
Sub Urban Disguise shoulder camera bags
Think Tank’s new shoulder bags are designed to follow a new concept, but are based on the same premium quality materials the company’s customers are used to. Four new bags were unveiled, called 5, 10, 20, and 30, depending on how much space consumers need and how much money they are willing to spend.
All shoulder camera bags are covered in a Durable Water Resistance coating, while the underside is covered in a Polyurethane material, which is even better at repelling water. They are made of ballistic and brushed polyester, nylon, YKK zippers, and nickel-plated materials.
The Sub Urban Disguise shoulder bags were designed to provide shelter for all type of camera equipment and not look like conventional shoulder bags.
Sub Urban Disguise 5
- it measures 20.3 x 21.6 x 16.3cm, while weighing a maximum of 500 grams;
- it can hold one or two small telephotos and a normal-sized DSLR, or a Nikon D700 with an attached 18-200mm lens.
Sub Urban Disguise 10
- it measures 26.7 x 21.6 x 17.8cm, while weighing 600 grams;
- it can hold two or three lenses and any regular-sized DSLR camera, or two or three professional flash guns.
Sub Urban Disguise 20
- it measures 30.5 x 21.6 x 17.8cm, while weighing 700 grams;
- it provides space for a conventional DSLR with three or four lenses, or up to five flashes.
Sub Urban Disguise 30
- it weighs one kilogram, while measuring 29.2 x 25.4 x 18.5cm;
- it also features an iPad pocket;
- it houses a regular DSLR camera with up to four conventional lenses, or a Nikon D700 with an attached 24-70mm F2.8 lens.
Change-Up V2.0 multi-function camera bag
This camera bag is made of the same materials as Think Tank’s shoulder camera bags, but can be attached to the belt and chest using special straps. Additionally, its Skin and Modular Components can be attached to a person’s waist using a couple of belt straps.
The Change-Up V2.0 can house a regular-sized DSLR camera with a detached 70-200mm F2.8 lens. It measures 29.2 x 26.7 x 15.2cm and weighs up to one kilogram with all accessories included. Its main improvements over the previous generation include:
- enhanced height and depth;
- reduced weight;
- compression straps;
- zipper application changed to clam-shell;
- enhanced back-panel padding for extra comfort;
- rain cover position changed to a new pocket.
Price and availability
The Change Up V2.0 and Sub Urban Disguise shoulder camera bags are listed as “coming soon”, so an exact release date remains unknown. The price for the Change Up V2.0 stands at $139.75.
Think Tank’s S.U.D. 5 costs $49.75, S.U.D. 10 $64.75, S.U.D. 20 $69.75, and S.U.D. 30 $84.75.