Sigma has released a trio of firmware updates for its DP Merrill cameras, in order to fix several bugs that have been affecting the users for a long time.
And just like that, owners of the Sigma DP1 Merrill, DP2 Merrill, and DP3 Merrill cameras can now download a firmware update for their respective device.
Sigma’s cameras are fairly similar, their changelogs are identical, meaning that the same changes are available for all the Sigma DP Merrill cameras.
Sigma DP Merrill cameras, including DP1, DP2, and DP3, getting firmware updates
According to the company’s official announcement, the following enhancements have been applied to the three compact cameras:
- improved stability;
- improved flash bounce precision when taking photos using EF-610 DG and EF-610DG ST flashes;
- enlarging an image will augment on the focused area, not on the center of the photo like before;
- users can now select file names from SDIM or DP1M / DP2M / DP3M (depending on camera);
- color tones now include custom white balances like: Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Overcast, Shade, and Sunlight;
- AEL no longer goes back to its default setting when using Central AEL + AEL and alternating between AF / MF;
- using self-timer in P mode no longer cancels custom aperture and shutter speed if the photographer presses the shutter button;
- photos are displayed in concordance with the desired magnification;
- exposure compensation is applied correctly even when using external flash;
- low battery levels will not affect image quality;
- turning off the camera immediately after taking a shot will not cause any image data loss;
- Image Info Screen now displays the file size.
Download link for Sigma DP Merrill cameras’ new firmware versions
Sigma DP1 Merrill firmware update 1.04 can be downloaded at the company’s website
Camera owners should be aware that they should also upgrade to the latest version of Sigma Photo Pro, in order to process RAW files on their computer.
Photo Pro 5.5 has been released for download earlier in 2013, with support for Windows 8 and multiple new features.
Amazon is selling both the DP1 Merrill and DP2 Merrill cameras for $799, while the DP3 Merrill is available for $938.32. Adorama is only covering the DP1 Merrill and the DP3 Merrill for $799 and $939 respectively.