Adobe has released the final versions of the Lightroom 5.3 and Camera RAW 8.3 updates with support for new cameras and lens profiles, as well as numerous bug fixes.
Lightroom is still a standalone application for computer users, unlike Photoshop, which has gone the online subscription route. It remains one of the most popular RAW image file processing programs in the world and Adobe is updating it constantly.
Final versions of Adobe Lightroom 5.3 and Camera RAW 8.3 software updates available for download now
Along with it comes Camera RAW 8.3, which allows Photoshop users to process their RAW files, too. The two programs have just been updated by the company therefore we can now say that the Lightroom 5.3 and Camera RAW 8.3 final version updates are available for download at Adobe’s official website.
Adobe has updated these in order to bring support for 20 new cameras as well as multiple lens profiles. The new cameras supported by Lightroom 5.3 and Camera RAW 8.3 are:
- Canon EOS M2 and PowerShot S120;
- Casio EXILIM EX-10;
- Fujifilm XQ1 and X-E2;
- Nikon 1 AW1, Coolpix 7800, D610, D5300, and Df;
- Nokia Lumia 1020;
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 and Stylus 1;
- Panasonic Lumix GM1;
- Pentax K-3;
- Phase One IQ260 and IQ280;
- Sony A7, A7R, and RX10.
Furthermore, the new lens profiles supported by these programs are as follows:
- iPhone 5;
- Canon EF-5 55-200mm f/4-5.6 IS STM and EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM;
- Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD for Canon cameras;
- DJI Phantom Vision;
- Nikon 1 AW 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6, 1 AW 10mm f/2.8, FX 58mm f/1.4G, and DX 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR;
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM for Nikon and Sigma cameras;
- Sony 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM, 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM, and 70-200mm f/2.8 G SSM for A-mount;
- Sony 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS, PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS, and 20mm f/2.8 for E-mount;
- Sony 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS, 35mm f/2.8 ZA, and 55mm f/1.8 ZA for FE-mount.
You have probably noticed that the Nokia Lumia 1020 is mentioned on the list of newly-supported cameras. Earlier this year, Nokia has revealed that its high-end Lumia smartphones with PureView technology will be able to capture RAW images. As a result, photographers who choose to take photos with their Nokia Windows Phones can now edit them like true professionals using Lightroom.
Another thing worth mentioning is the fact that Tethered Capture is now supported by the Canon EOS 650D / Rebel T4i DSLR camera.
Amazon is currently selling Lightroom 5 for $111.26