Fujifilm has introduced a Graphite Silver version of the X-T1 mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, while revealing that both units will receive a firmware update this December.
The first weathersealed camera of the Fujifilm X-mount is the X-T1. It has been introduced earlier this year with a very interesting specs list, but only in a black version.
In anticipation of Photokina 2014, the Japan-based company has decided to launch a Graphite Silver edition, which gives the camera an even more durable touch, courtesy of a six-stage process.
Additionally, Fuji has revealed that both the Black and Silver versions of the X-T1 will get new features in December, courtesy of a firmware update.
Fujifilm unveils Graphite Silver version of the X-T1 mirrorless camera
The new Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite Silver edition comes with roughly the same specifications list as the Black version. The new color is the result of a process split into six stages, where three new layers are added to the camera.
This luxury treatment includes a matte black undercoat, then fine paint particles are added via thin-film multilayer coating technology, and eventually a clear coat gives it a glossy finish and enhances durability.
Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite Silver edition comes with three new features
Fuji has confirmed that the improvements of the Silver X-T1 consist of Natural Live View, a faster shutter speed, and a new film simulation mode.
When enabled, Natural Live View allows users to see the shot as their naked eyes would see it. The X-T1 sports an electronic viewfinder, so the company has deemed it necessary to make sure that photographers will experience that natural composition provided by an optical viewfinder.
The new version will employ an electronic shutter mode, allowing users to set the shutter speed at 1/32000th of a second. This option is also available in the newly-announced X100T and it has the benefit of being completely silent.
Last but not least, the Classic Chrome film simulation will make its way into the Silver Graphite X-T1 and will recreate richer colors and warmer tones.
Fujifilm has set the mirrorless camera’s release date for December 15 and its price at $1499.95. The Silver X-T1 can be pre-ordered at Amazon right now.
Both the Black and Silver X-T1 units getting firmware update in December
A firmware update will be issued for both Black and Silver X-T1, with the mention that the former camera is also getting the improvements of the latter’s edition, including the new electronic shutter mode.
The upcoming firmware update is bringing 10 new changes over the current version:
- Direct selection of AF area without pressing the Fn button;
- Unlocked AE-L/AF-L buttons, allowing users to interchange settings;
- Variable focus area when focusing manually with the help of the AF-L button;
- Direct selection of Macro mode during autofocus;
- Q menu customization, allowing users to change the items on the list manually;
- More extended frame rate options during video recording, allowing users to record videos at 50fps, 25fps, and 24fps;
- Manual shooting during video recording, allowing users to set the shutter speed and aperture while recording movies;
- Phase Detection AF in Instant AF mode: when the user is focusing manually, pressing the AF-L button switches to Instant AF mode, while after the update Phase Detection AF will be enabled as a result of this action;
- Interlocking the autofocus area with the metering area when using Spot Metering;
- Shutter speed improvements in Program Shift mode, so that the minimum shutter speed will stand at 4 seconds instead of 1/4th of a second.
Fujifilm will release this firmware update in December free of charge.