Sony might announce a new big-megapixel FE-mount mirrorless camera on February 13, as this is the date when the company is scheduled to hold a keynote as part of the CP+ 2015 event.
A lot of new digital imaging products are expected to be revealed at the CP+ Camera & Photo Imaging Show 2015 in mid-February. Some companies may choose to reveal the products ahead of the event in order to make sure that their products will receive as much exposure as possible.
However, it is very likely that Sony will wait until the show, as the company is planning to take the stage in order to talk about the Alpha E-mount series. This could mean that a new Sony big-megapixel FE-mount camera could be announced during the event.
Sony big-megapixel FE-mount camera, called A7RII, could be announced at CP+ 2015
The CP+ 2015 program has been posted online, revealing the keynotes and seminars that will take place during one of the biggest digital imaging events of the year.
Sony will address the public on February 13, one day after the start of the show in order to talk about “The world of super-high sensitivity of A7S, and the technology of supporting it”.
The keynote will be focused on the FE-mount and the advantages of this impressive series of mirrorless cameras with full frame sensors.
Senior Manager Hiroki Nagahama will address the public and there is a strong chance that the recently-rumored A7RII will be revealed at this show.
Latest Sony rumors hinting a slew of products could be revealed in the near future
It is worth noting that Sony may choose to announce a new shooter before the start of CP+ 2015. Moreover, it is likely that other products will become official instead of this device.
As a recap, the PlayStation maker is rumored to be working on the following products:
- A7000: the NEX-7 replacement, which will become the flagship E-mount mirrorless camera with an APS-C sensor;
- A99II: the A99 follow-up, which is poised to become the flagship A-mount camera;
- RX2: the RX1R successor, which is believed to employ a curved full frame sensor and a new 35mm f/1.8 lens made by Zeiss;
- A9: a high-end FE-mount camera aimed at professional sports photographers;
- A5: an entry-level FE-mount camera that could be priced below $1,000;
- new FE-mount lenses: the Zeiss 25mm f/2 and 85mm f/1.8 are among the candidates.
For the time being, there are a lot of uncertainties, meaning that we should not rule out any possibilities. Stay tuned for more details!